Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Query

Options
  • 27-04-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all,

I have a quick ACCA query and any help would be much appreciated.

I have an exemption from F4 so I want to do F1-F3. I note that the deadlines for the June exams are April (well while the late deadline is 08 May I don't fancy paying £225!)

So my question is do I have to register for the computer based exams before 08 April/08 May or can I do it at any time of the year? I note that there's more flexibility in taking the CBE exams. I haven't registered yet I don't fancy waiting til December to take them but I might have no choice.

Is there any advantage to doing the Foundations in Accountancy as opposed to the straight ACCA qualification? I was thinking of registering for ACCA to do F5 so was thinking of registering for ACCA.

I'm a totally newbie to the ACCA world so any help/advice would be fantastic.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Whoisin thehouse

You can sit the CBE anytime you want. You should register with ACCA now, let maybe 4 to 5 weeks for registration issues that may arise and then you are able to sit the CBEs. The computer based exams are currently only available for F1, F2 and F3. The Foundations if Accountancy is only useful if you do not intend finishing the ACCA exams, the main idea of it is to ensure students who dont complete their studies are not left with no qualification. It is also useful for people who would like to have a very basic accountancy qualification on their CV.
    If you are registering for F5 all the normal deadlines apply which you will find on the ACCA website
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30 laman127

So I took your advice and did my ACCA application this evening - I hadn't realised that it takes so long to go through! I went straight for the ACCA exams too - I emailed them and they said that as long as I complete F1 - F3 I'll get the diploma.

Thanks for your help Whoisin thehouse :)

Just one last question, how long would you recommend studying for F1 - F3? I was thinking a solid month for each but I may be a little bit too optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Whoisin thehouse

It really depends on the exposure you have had on the topics in the past. F1 should not be a problem with a good months intense work, the others may require a little longer unless you have studied the subjects before and are just revising

Advertisement