Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing toilet - cast iron waste outlet....

Options
  • 27-04-2014 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭

have bought a new bathroom suite. the old toilet was connected to a cast iron waste outlet.

am just wondering - is there a strong reason to replace the cast iron waste outlet with plastic.....or am I better off leaving the cast iron waste outlet in place.

there doesn't appear to be any rust or problems with the cast iron....

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I would have rarely changed out the cast iron pipe just for a new bathroom install unless everything was changing places.
    The only difficulty is that usually the cast iron pipe will not be aligned with the outlet of the new toilet pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

thanks very much for the answer.

i'll be getting a plumber in to do it obviously; but what is involved in aligning the new toilet with the cast iron waste outlet. what has to be done to make it fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It depends on the height and angle of the cast iron, but there are plenty of adapters and special multi-wick connectors to get a connection made.

Advertisement