Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for wedding present for a friend in England??

Options
  • 27-04-2014 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi lads, can anyone help me,
    I have a friend in England getting married and as I won't be over for the wedding I'm rattling my brain for ideas as to what I could do for a wedding present?
    I don't want to just send over 200 as he is not stuck for money and it would be just better to send something over?
    Please help....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

As you say money is not really needed by him a gift they can keep from you would be lovely.

An Irish crystal picture frame.

Irish crystal vase or decanter
    Irish linen

You could try local (to him) galleries for a nice picture, they could deliver it from there.

http://www.artonslate.ie/products.htm
    You could get a personalized art on slate. Piece can be designed to your specs

New bridge silver ware cutlery is lovely

If he is into wine a bottle of very good wine/champagne/whisky

A store voucher for John Lewis or Harrods or for a nice meal somewhere

Box of cigars

List is endless really and depends on what the couple like themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

DeadlyH83 wrote: »
    Hi lads, can anyone help me,
    I have a friend in England getting married and as I won't be over for the wedding I'm rattling my brain for ideas as to what I could do for a wedding present?
    I don't want to just send over 200 as he is not stuck for money and it would be just better to send something over?
    Please help....

As far as I am aware wedding gifts in the form of money tend to be a lot less in the UK. I think 200 euro would be seen as overly generous.

Having said that I love the new Waterford Crystal coloured glasses in the Mixology range http://www.kilkennyshop.com/waterford-mixology-double-old-fashioned-glasses-mixed-colors-set-of-4.html

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Are I Mad

How about a decanter set with the family coat of arms. Currans Heraldry do some nice stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

IMO 200 is way too much for an English wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

As far as I am aware wedding gifts in the form of money tend to be a lot less in the UK. I think 200 euro would be seen as overly generous.

Having said that I love the new Waterford Crystal coloured glasses in the Mixology range http://www.kilkennyshop.com/waterford-mixology-double-old-fashioned-glasses-mixed-colors-set-of-4.html

They are gorgeous. Sooooo expensive though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'd just send over some vouchers. John Lewis/Debs/Marks & Spencer are usually popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

We got wines and a decanter from a friend. Wonderful present. If you think decanter will make it there safe and they're into wine, I think that's a great present.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We got one of these and it is gorgeous and useful!! http://www.ambrichoppingboards.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 grace80

I recently sent a House of Fraser voucher to my friend in the UK as a wedding gift.
    The vouchers you buy in store here can also be used in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

I would think something from www.bunburyboards.com would be a better bet. Being wood it wouldn't break in transit and they can personalise it for you with the bride and grooms name and address and I happen to know they post worldwide.

• Advertisement
Advertisement