Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e cigarette help please.

Options
  • 27-04-2014 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I.m off smokes 2 weeks now and using an e cigarette one week now. Only thing I feel like its burning my mouth and chest does anyone know why this is happening. I paid 30 euro in portlaoise for the e cigarette and 5 euro for the liquid. I started off on 12mg but was too strong so got 6mg. Can any one advise me please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Admldj wrote: »
    I.m off smokes 2 weeks now and using an e cigarette one week now. Only thing I feel like its burning my mouth and chest does anyone know why this is happening. I paid 30 euro in portlaoise for the e cigarette and 5 euro for the liquid. I started off on 12mg but was too strong so got 6mg. Can any one advise me please.
    Firstly it is most likely that your taste buds are starting to work again after quitting smoking, also your gums start growing again and that is a weird sensation.

What liquid are you using ? Some liquids are 100% PG and a lot of people get reactions to PG compared to VG or a mix of both.

Is it possible that the coil in your device gunked up and or burnt, this can give a terrible taste to your device...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,214 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'd try a different clearomiser and see how you go.
    You can get them online for around a fiver + around €3 for postage.

blade1 wrote: »
    I'd try a different clearomiser and see how you go.
    You can get them online for around a fiver + around €3 for postage.
    That would be the thing to do, and well done making the change to vaping, depending on how long you have been smoking you will notice a whole lot of positives from vaping as compared to smoking.

Keep asking questions whenever you have a problem, there is always someone around who either has dealt with the same problem or read about it somewhere.

Check out several vendors for clearomisers too, there is a list of Irish vendors here

Some give a discount as well by entering boards as a code ....covers postage on a few clearomisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

have you changed your atomiser?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Firstly it is most likely that your taste buds are starting to work again after quitting smoking, also your gums start growing again and that is a weird sensation.

What liquid are you using ? Some liquids are 100% PG and a lot of people get reactions to PG compared to VG or a mix of both.

Is it possible that the coil in your device gunked up and or burnt, this can give a terrible taste to your device...

Sorry to jump in on this but can you explain the gums start growing again bit please? I'm off the fags nearly 3 months now thanks to vaping but my gums are in bits since I stopped!

• Advertisement

cotton wrote: »
    Sorry to jump in on this but can you explain the gums start growing again bit please? I'm off the fags nearly 3 months now thanks to vaping but my gums are in bits since I stopped!
    Cigarette smoke stunts the growth/renewal of gum cells, so when we start vaping they start re-growing again, really weird sensation, not pleasant at all, feels more like something wrong rather than something healing itself....which it is....

Make sure to drink lots of water too, PG/VG both have a drying effect on your mouth and lungs too probably. The drying effect can increase acidity and cause mouth ulcers as well.

VG/PG are also anti-bacterial so you may notice better oral hygiene as a result if vaping, I certainly did.

As someone who did not drink water at all really unless thirsty I now drink water regularity vaping and have not been dehydrated at all even after drinking alcohol as would usually happen.

I'll see if I can find an article on it for you :)
    Edit: there is a very long discussion here on all the medical/health issues related to quitting cigarettes and taking up vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Thanks for that, really appreciate it. :)
    I love having white teeth again so I've been looking after my mouth even more since I stopped, but that sensation you're talking about had me convinced my teeth were going to fall out!
    Noticed the dehydration more or less as soon as I started vaping & I would normally drink a lot of water anyway.
    Loving vaping, Valentines day was the last day I had a cigarette, will never smoke again.

cotton wrote: »
    Thanks for that, really appreciate it. :)
    I love having white teeth again so I've been looking after my mouth even more since I stopped, but that sensation you're talking about had me convinced my teeth were going to fall out!
    Noticed the dehydration more or less as soon as I started vaping & I would normally drink a lot of water anyway.
    Loving vaping, Valentines day was the last day I had a cigarette, will never smoke again.
    Your teeth, skin, and the smell of stale smoke from your clothes, the most visible signs of a smoker are the most visible rewards you will benifit from, the not so visible ones.....well you know....:D

Don't be afraid to ask questions in here, we were all total beginners not that long ago and the variety of devices and liquids not to mention the terminology that vapers use is intimidating at first. Find whatever works for you and ask questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Disney TT

Hi thanks for jumping in. I put up the post on my husbands by mistake but u where thinking the same as about the gums. Thankfully my gums are ok but I have gotten lots of blisters on my tongue and it swollen now. On e cigarette 2 weeks and a few days now. Anyone else get a sore mouth from e cigarettes. Thanks

Hi could someone tell me just what the parts are about that I might need to fix my e cigarette. I put up the post by mistake on my husbands profile. I.m using my e cigarette now 2 weeks and a few days. My mouth is really sore too. Plus side I am ofg smokes. I.m 32 and was smoking 20 years. Any help and advice would be so great. Thanks to all who left a post so far and to u who can advise me too.

• Advertisement

Hi could someone tell me just what the parts are about that I might need to fix my e cigarette. I put up the post by mistake on my husbands profile. I.m using my e cigarette now 2 weeks and a few days. My mouth is really sore too. Plus side I am ofg smokes. I.m 32 and was smoking 20 years. Any help and advice would be so great. Thanks to all who left a post so far and to u who can advise me too.

Disney TT wrote: »
    What sort if an eCig is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,214 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Disney TT wrote: »

I'm no expert but why not try a different juice?
    I started off on pg70/vg30 but i got a very dry cough so now I use 100% vg.
    Worth a go anyway.

Advertisement