Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouth Inhale or Lung inhale

Options
  • 27-04-2014 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Just wondering how people vape.

I'm lung inhale as that's how I smoked cigs, big drag into the mouth and then mix it with air and go all the way down, but am thinking of changing to move towards quitting eventually :rolleyes:

I'm getting more of a craving for a cigarette with mouth inhales, but I just vape a bit more and it goes. The flavour's not as good so far on the exhale and it's hard to break the habit of lung inhaling for me but I'm trying to stick with it for now. I barely notice I've been vaping the next day with regards to chest etc.

How do you vape?

EDIT: Actually the flavour's probably better with mouth inhales, it's just odd doing it and a bit less smooth/relaxing.

How do you vape? 21 votes

Mouth
    0% 0 votes
    Lung
    38% 8 votes
    Mixture (Why?/When?)
    61% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I am not at all convinced by lung inhales, still way too many unknowns to deal with, NETs, Diacetyl etc....way better off to avoid them IMO Vaping is still way ahead of smoking but there is a couple of problems that will surface in the future and the last people to tell you is the vendors.....Cavet Emptor always applies for the consumer of everything as has been well proven historically.

Edit: I do on rare occasions lung inhale but try to avoid it, and just to add, I also believe that sub ohm vaping will also prove to be problematic as regards health tbh....it only takes common sense to see this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I am not at all convinced by lung inhales, still way too many unknowns to deal with, NETs, Diacetyl etc....way better off to avoid them IMO Vaping is still way ahead of smoking but there is a couple of problems that will surface in the future and the last people to tell you is the vendors.....Cavet Emptor always applies for the consumer of everything as has been well proven historically.

Edit: I do on rare occasions lung inhale but try to avoid it, and just to add, I also believe that sub ohm vaping will also prove to be problematic as regards health tbh....it only takes common sense to see this.....

But if you mouth inhale all the time, do you not just think 'fck it, I'll knock this on the head'? It doesn't scratch my itch in the same way at all (so far at least).

You smoked cigars aswell I think, this could make a difference?

Yes, smoking cigars does make a diferrence, nowadays I tend towards vaping pure VG with nicotine at 40ish % and some menthol, that is because I have read about the problems with flavours, vaping with a higher concentration of nicotene and tending towards merely inhaling and exhaling before it reaches your lungs is very akin to smoking a cigar or indeed a pipe, but also does not allow any flavours to interfere with the workings of your lungs.

I am well aware that any negatives as regards vaping are not welcomed on forums, but these are things that are coming down the tracks at us and ignoring them is.....well sticking our collective heads in the sand...,they are coming anyway so better deal with them rather than pretend they do not exist. :)

^^Is that 40mg nic? I'm very low but with lung inhales and serious chain vaping. Worried to go higher atm in case I keep up the ml intake.

Also, when you mouth inhale do you sort of swallow/gulp and exhale through your nose?

Yes it is 40mg nicotine, recently most people agreed that the amount of nicotine we absorb from vaping was way lower than was previously thought so I tested 50 mg nic and found I quite liked it with pure VG and sometimes some menthol flavour......can't go very wrong there....:) found I preferred something lower than 50 so went to 40mg and yes I do use mouth nose inhales/exhales.....think I saw someone describe them as French something or other, it is described as circular breathing in musical terms but I digress....It is quite simply exhaling with your mouth and inhaling with your nose....or vice versa....I would imagine....but the playing around with the vapour in your mouth/nose as a cigar/Pipe smoker would do.....and there is way more absorbtion of nicotine taken up by the membranes in the mouth and nose than in the lungs.......

• Advertisement

Random side note: Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David were doing their schtick and discussing why someone smoking a cigar seems relaxed/contemplative while someone smoking a cigarette seems stressed and anxious. I forget what they decided, something about the speed maybe.

Not exactly scientific proof but there's a definite difference though.

Got to stop posting on this forum when I'm pissed :)

accaguest wrote: »
    Random side note: Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David were doing their schtick and discussing why someone smoking a cigar seems relaxed/contemplative while someone smoking a cigarette seems stressed and anxious. I forget what they decided, something about the speed maybe.

Not exactly scientific proof but there's a definite difference though.

Got to stop posting on this forum when I'm pissed :)

No, do not stop posting on this forum while pissed, I do it all the time :) I think the cigarette smoker is looking for a drug that gives a definitive hit, the Cigar smoker is looking to get a hit too...but contemplate as well....view his/her life and other people's lives from a distance.....meditative almost....maybe....but there is a psychological difference in how both appreciate their drug of choice....

And then we are into philosophy........:)

Ah here ;)
    article-1212928-0662272F000005DC-335_233x376.jpg

accaguest wrote: »
    Ah here ;)
    article-1212928-0662272F000005DC-335_233x376.jpg
    Where did you get that photo of me....???? I am sooooo pissed....off to google now to complain endlessly about how photos of me ended up in the 'net......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

A lung inhale is when you take the smoke/vapor straight into your lungs by taking in air at the same time. A mouth inhale is where you take it into your mouth first then gulp it down to your lungs with air.

What you guys are calling a mouth inhale isn't really inhaling it at all since its not going to your lungs.

Also 40mg is 4% nicotine. 40% would be 400mg and probably poisonous.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    A lung inhale is when you take the smoke/vapor straight into your lungs by taking in air at the same time. A mouth inhale is where you take it into your mouth first then gulp it down to your lungs with air.

What you guys are calling a mouth inhale isn't really inhaling it at all since its not going to your lungs.

Yes, I meant 4% (40mg)Jesus I thought I was used to the %/mg thing by now :D

So is there a word to correctly describe a mouth inhale?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Yes, I meant 4% (40mg)Jesus I thought I was used to the %/mg thing by now :D

So is there a word to correctly describe a mouth inhale?

Not inhaling, like Bill Clinton!

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Not inhaling, like Bill Clinton!
    Monica did.....:D

EGriff wrote: »

Right, feel like a complete idiot, but if I exhale through my nose I've inhaled, it's just whether I've inhaled deep down to my lungs or sort of straight into my mouth and down my nose, only reaching my throat? Much more vapour comes out with a mouth inhale I think.

I'd think most people who are vaping at high watts with lots of vapour would tend towards mouth inhales? Just a hunch but there's not as much of a hit to the chest for me. I definitely think if I moved to mouth inhales it would be the first step of quitting. The default (for me anyway) very relaxing in/out breathing action of smoking/vaping is one of the big habits/addictions whatever I have with it. It's just not the same otherwise (plus the room gets mighty cloudy).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I voted Mouth Inhale. Into the mouth first then, onto the lungs. That's the way i smoked cigs...

Oh, I've (surpisingly :cool:) got it completely wrong it seems.

So I don't think I've ever taken a lung hit then. Mouth fo life here.

EDIT: I'm not sure how much can be drawn from the above poll considering how it was framed :)

Advertisement