Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS250 warns daily

Options
  • 26-04-2014 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

greetings, we have a CS250. Each day at the same time the key pad chimes until the reset key is pressed. it seems like there is some daily system check occurring at a specified time - its not every day, but always at the same time of day (luckily 4 pm and not 4 am).

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Shamus

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And when you enter your code does it display any message?
    Have you checked the log.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What error is it showing on the keypad?

The 250's do a daily load test on the battery and if it's not upto scratch it will generate a fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 old crow

It's an older system - probably circa 1984. It has the old membrane type key-pad so there is no display or log.
    Do I just check the battery output with a multimeter?

Thanks for there very quick replies

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its not CS250 so. Does it flash any letter letters or numbers.

The model on the control panel is cs-250.

I can't post links, but if you the google search attender cs 250 alarm will return the User Manual we have.

The green status light flashes and it tones about every 10 or so seconds until the reset key is pressed.

Thanks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Is there any chance that you could post a picture of the panel please.

Just that the CS250 us installers know is a control panel that was manufactured by Aritech / GE and was released in the early 2000's.

So 1984 has me confused. P's it is an intruder alarm panel?

sent you a private message I'm too new to post pics

control panel says aritech corp framingham, ma control unit cs250
    the circuit board says ASSY No1CS25012

- we bought the house in 1997 and the alarm was here at that time.

greatly Appreciate all the help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

old crow wrote: »
    sent you a private message I'm too new to post pics

control panel says aritech corp framingham, ma control unit cs250
    the circuit board says ASSY No1CS25012

- we bought the house in 1997 and the alarm was here at that time.

greatly Appreciate all the help

OK just for the benefit of other installers here. Lads I saw the instruction manual and it is indeed an Aritech CS250, Aritech as we all know it but not the CS250 which we all know.

It's one of those old type keypads like the old Horizon 3000's, with little indicator lights next to various zone numbers etc. Then the actual panel has a key lock on it. My guess is American or Canadian.
    Anyone ever come across it, anyway I suggested that the op has a look into it tomorrow just to see the state of the battery and I also enquired as to when it was last serviced.

Thanks Kub for the remote diagnosis. We'ver determined via multmeter that is was the battery.

I'll replace this week - it's been acting this way for about a week, a couple more days won't be too much bother.

Thanks for all that chimed in - sorry we have an unusual cs250 version and that caused any confusion.

Advertisement