Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Precognitive Dreams

Options
  • 26-04-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭

So do any of you have them? I have them now and again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

what exactly are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Dreams where you foresee the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I knew many people who were able to do so, but I'm (thank god) none of them.
    heard some awful stories, how would you ever tell people what you saw (if it was about death etc)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Sam Kade wrote: »
    So do any of you have them? I have them now and again.

Not being funny, but genuinely could you let us know if you've had a premonition? So we can follow the outcome?

My partner has premonitions, nothing too globally significant, but small domestic things. She went to a psychic who told her that she had psychic abilities too. Yet ironically she believes none of it. She accepts her own premonitions thing, but thinks there is a more scientific reason for it, and its nothing paranormal/spiritual.

I, on the other hand have experienced nothing at all that would convince me of a paranormal existence, although I've had first hand accounts from others that can be explained in other ways perhaps.

Apologies for rambling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Matthew 5.11

definitely believe its possible,i have had them myself,lots have come true for me,i've had a life changing premonition that i believe will come true within the next few years but im not prepared to go into details,
    i have them when im awake but i do have very lucid dreams aswell,thing i find with dreams is that i tend to forget them,sometimes i will get flashbacks of dreams that will cause panic attacks but i think these are connected to my psychic abilities,im not sure how though,
    its kinda hard to put your finger on what they mean,your tryin to connect the sleeping state of mind to the waking state of mind,

can you remember the dreams that you have clearly even after a long period of time?
    can you remember details of the dreams?
    have events in the dreams actually happened in real life?
    when you think you have had premonitions in your dreams you should write them down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Only ever had one, a few months before the events in the dream took place. As it happened in real life, I realised I'd dreamed the exact sequence of events before. As the dream had troubled me for a while and i had an unusually good recollection of it for a dream. It helped quite a bit to know the right thing to do in the situation.

Without being a dick, I'm not going to explain what the dream was as it's rather personal. But i will offer this much..

In the dream itself i seen myself from above and behind - like i was floating above myself while the events were taking place, almost as if i was being shown what was to happen on a cctv camera.

Draw what conclusions you may, it's only ever happened me once. I've been in some really dire situations since then when i could have used a precognitive dream to help me through, but alas, i only had the one. I highly doubt that i subconsciously knew the outcome of the real life situation months prior to it occuring, although in the extreme unlikelihood that i am actually that smart and foresaw a random event unfold precisely the way it did, i should probably try out for mastermind :P

Kettleson wrote: »
    Not being funny, but genuinely could you let us know if you've had a premonition? So we can follow the outcome?

My partner has premonitions, nothing too globally significant, but small domestic things. She went to a psychic who told her that she had psychic abilities too. Yet ironically she believes none of it. She accepts her own premonitions thing, but thinks there is a more scientific reason for it, and its nothing paranormal/spiritual.

I, on the other hand have experienced nothing at all that would convince me of a paranormal existence, although I've had first hand accounts from others that can be explained in other ways perhaps.

Apologies for rambling.
    No, I only had a few precognitive dreams over the last 30 years and they only apply to me no world changing premonitions. The first time I had one of these dreams I knew the following morning that it would come true and it did later on that day in the exact same detail as the dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have them and I've been able to prove it with family and friends. They're usually not life changing or anything like that but when they do occur they stick out like a sore thumb. As in they are more vivid, with more detail, colours and I can feel emotions like I would in real life.

I'm still waiting for the one with lotto numbers in it :P

KTRIC wrote: »
    I have them and I've been able to prove it with family and friends. They're usually not life changing or anything like that but when they do occur they stick out like a sore thumb. As in they are more vivid, with more detail, colours and I can feel emotions like I would in real life.

I'm still waiting for the one with lotto numbers in it :P

That's one dream you would not want to prove beforehand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sam Kade wrote: »
    That's one dream you would not want to prove beforehand :D

I'll be keeping that one to myself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Ive had plenty of them.. from showing me people I would meet...to locations that would end up important to me.. to giving me names of people who would come into my life.. to giving me situations that would happen.. to predicting funerals.. list is endless.. they are like day dreams lodged into your subconscious .. then when they happen you remember and are like.. now i know why I kept getting that dream... they are part n parcel of my life and don't take them too seriously as they normal for me and are ingrained into who I am.. if I got one with anything to do with lotto numbers I would go out and do the lotto.. still waiting on that one though ;o) ...

I have proven this to family/friends etc by telling them beforehand.. and then years later when something came about.. i could marry up the dream/premonition to the event/place/person etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Chloedancer

I've had a few over the years. When I was in my early twenties I had a recurring dream about a baby girl with black hair. I always felt sad when I woke up and she wasn't there. When my daughter was born she had a big mop of black hair. The night before my dad had his heart attack I had a dream that he had one. I dreamed that my brother and his wife had a baby before I found out she was pregnant.

I've had thoughts pop into my head when I'm awake that happen too. Like I was going to a party and came into my head that my uncle's band was going to be playing. It was a weird random thought that came from nowhere because I didn't know there was even going to be a band instead of a DJ - I don't see that side of the family very much and hadn't seen him in at least ten years.

My family think I'm nuts for believing they're not just coincidence. Except my mother - she gets worried if I tell her about my dreams so I've stopped telling her. My brother says that I just subconsciously pick up on things like little signs that my dad was going to have a heart attack or that his wife was pregnant and they come out in my dreams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

right wtf

had a dream last night where i was on a pontoon in the middle of tramore bay(waterford) and there was loads of people swimming.everyone started freaking out and got out of the water, there were hundreds of sharks circling the pontoon.a boat came, coastguard i think, and pushed the pontoon to the beach.we sat there and watched the sharks.i woke up thinking haha crazy imagine sharks in tramore.on the way to work and i come across this on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=703440506369555

kk

Advertisement