Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Desk laminate covering

Options
  • 26-04-2014 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

I have 2 desks with a grey (possibly vinyl) covering that are getting a bit worse for wear, scratches, chipped etc.

Can someone suggest a self adhesive covering I could re-cover them with? Ideally something I can get over the counter. So far I have only tried Woodies, is there a more trade oriented wholesaler that would have something?

Thank in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Where are you based? You can buy sheets of laminate but they need sticking on with contact afhedive and require some skill to file two opposing edges

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I'm in Wicklow, and no probs with having a go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

You can stick almost anything you want - the choice is yours. What about some black leatherette ? A can of spray contact adhesive is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Black leatherette looks like it would do nicely, anywhere I can get it and the adhesive over the counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

glynf wrote: »
    Black leatherette looks like it would do nicely, anywhere I can get it and the adhesive over the counter?

Last time I bought it was from a old time haberdashery shop. Probably worth trying online ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement