Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 49DV and GSM dialler

Options
  • 26-04-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Astec 49DV setup with dialling over my phone line for home monitoring. I am hoping to swap over and add a GSM unit to the setup (and get rid of analogue line) and was wondering what are the options for fitting one (Relay card / direct card plug in) and also recommendations for units. My main target is to have a SMS sent on activation and remote shut off, I'd also like some future proofing to adding in Fire alarm if available?

Any ideas in this regards,

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you get a global bell interface you can use the bell outputs from that to trigger any global GSM dialler. I find GJD good.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭HappyDancer

Cheers Koolkid

Had spotted the GJD in Farnell so will look to get

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will need a global bell interface as well. If you have any problem sourcing one give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,
    I have a Astec 49DV setup with dialling over my phone line for home monitoring. I am hoping to swap over and add a GSM unit to the setup (and get rid of analogue line) and was wondering what are the options for fitting one (Relay card / direct card plug in) and also recommendations for units. My main target is to have a SMS sent on activation and remote shut off, I'd also like some future proofing to adding in Fire alarm if available?

Any ideas in this regards,

If the system is a DV then all you need is a GSM that will give a line to self monitor the system. In terms of future proofing the system it is now obsolete so I would not be spending too much money on it either way.

Advertisement