Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cerficiate of Freedom to MArry

Options
  • 26-04-2014 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Has anyone applied for a certificate of freedom to marry with department of foreign affairs recently? I sent an application over a moth ago and have heard nothing. I have emailed but no response yet. I know these thing can take time but from googling it appears others got them in a couple of weeks. I know it got there as I sent the letter by registered post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Sala wrote: »
    Has anyone applied for a certificate of freedom to marry with department of foreign affairs recently? I sent an application over a moth ago and have heard nothing. I have emailed but no response yet. I know these thing can take time but from googling it appears others got them in a couple of weeks. I know it got there as I sent the letter by registered post.
    It only took me a few weeks (I think 2 weeks) when I got it a year ago, can you try ringing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

It only took me a few weeks (I think 2 weeks) when I got it a year ago, can you try ringing them?

Thanks. I'll ring on Monday. I wanted to find the reg slip first in case they say it wasn't received, and can't find it, but thankfully I realised I did that email tracking thing so I have the signature thing and code in the email.

I just checked on weddings online, appears I'm not the only one! Apparently they moved office. Glad I regged it as the bank draft was in it, and someone reports they had to do it all again as they didn't receive it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Took me only two weeks,

best to ring OP ;) Good luck with it all :)

Thanks all I was in contact and they said i only get it 6 weeks before wedding??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sala wrote: »
    Thanks all I was in contact and they said i only get it 6 weeks before wedding??

You sure, I thought everything had to be in order, 6 weeks before the wedding????

Advertisement