Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registry Office Wedding..Time Frame

Options
  • 26-04-2014 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,
    My partner and I hope to get married before the end of the year in a Dublin registry office. It will be just the 2 of us, our son and 2 witnesses. A minimum of 3 months notice to marry is required but does anyone know if in fact it is longer than that due to waiting lists etc? Also we are a bit confused by the order of things...do we book an appointment to give notification of our intention to marry first then book a date for wedding with the registry office or is it the other way around? Any help/advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ring the registry office and see what dates they have available, they'll be able to tell you. I think the one in Dublin can be very busy but if you're not fussy about the dates then they may have something available before the end of the year for you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Outside of Dublin the waits are usually a lot shorter, we rang booked the initial meeting and got married 3 months later.
    It was less then 4 months over all.

Advertisement