Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue suit. Shirt and tie recommendations?

Options
  • 26-04-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've a blue skinny suit, (almost exactly like the blue on boards background). I've a wedding next weekend and am looking for recommendations for shirt and tie colours.
    I know a white shirt will work, but wouldn't mind trying something different. I'll be wearing a pair of tanned coloured shoes. Over to ye!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I posted these suggestions before when someone asked about a navy three piece suit. Personally love the first look - it's modern, stylish and looks like you've made an effort without being OTT.

550w_starsnaps_us_scott_disick.jpg

Or a light blue shirt? The white collar breaks up the colours nicely.
    navy-three-piece-suit-L-qvFt8o.jpeg

Or, pale lilac, duty pinks can be very complimentary too:
    c39522a486c279bc1cefacca2171537c.jpg

navysuitcloseup2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Op have you seen Crazy Stupid Love? In the final scenes Ryan Goslings character is wearing a blue suit with a light blue shirt and a light blue paisley tie. I can't seem to find a pic but it looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

Cheers Guys, got a shirt and tie in Zara today very similar to the ones in the 2nd pic that Bnagrrl posted. €26 for the tie (ouch!), but it definitely rounds off the look well. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

duchalla wrote: »
    €26 for the tie (ouch!)

:cool:

Advertisement