Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Clio

Options
  • 26-04-2014 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Over the last few days my CD player/ radio has stopped working in my 2001 Clio, today, it still won't work but is still on, not showing anything but is still lit up even when I turn off my car. I'm worried it will kill my battery, tried to take it out without any luck and tried taking out the fuse for it, which, although my fuse box showed where the fuse should be, it still didn't turn the radio off. Does anybody have any advice on how to get it to at least turn off? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

You could Disconnect the battery over night

there is 3 power supplies to radio
    12v Aux power when you turn on ignition
    12v when lights are turned on
    12v permanent power for radio memory and clock

As the radio is faulty its drawing current through the permanent supply its a different fuse to one labled radio.

It might be on same circuit as internal dome lamps

Any audio shop could disconnect the radio for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

nelll1 wrote: »
    Over the last few days my CD player/ radio has stopped working in my 2001 Clio, today, it still won't work but is still on, not showing anything but is still lit up even when I turn off my car. I'm worried it will kill my battery, tried to take it out without any luck and tried taking out the fuse for it, which, although my fuse box showed where the fuse should be, it still didn't turn the radio off. Does anybody have any advice on how to get it to at least turn off? Thanks in advance.

This is a known problem with the radios put in renaults of that era, strange though normally they only go when it's really cold. (Google Clio radio problem and you'll see what I mean) it's new radio time I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nelll1

Ok, so I didn't disconnect the battery and now it's dead, tried jump starting it off a friends car and it won't even jump start. I had this problem about 6 months ago and bought a new battery so it should be able to take a charge, shouldn't it? I'm afraid its just caused more problems for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

nelll1 wrote: »
    Ok, so I didn't disconnect the battery and now it's dead, tried jump starting it off a friends car and it won't even jump start. I had this problem about 6 months ago and bought a new battery so it should be able to take a charge, shouldn't it? I'm afraid its just caused more problems for me.

If the jump leads are thin or battery fully discharged you need to build up a charge in battery before attempting to start.

Connect jump leads as normal. Get friend to rev his car to about 1500 revs for 10 mins. Then start your car. Once started disconnect jump leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Moac

The external temperature in 2004 Renault Clio 1.2 petrol is reading 27 to 36 deg C. Where is probe located? How do I get at it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement