Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kerb level

Options
  • 25-04-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi lads and ladies quick question that might be easily answered. I'm planning to put in a 140mm high paving Stone for a kerb. Is there a rule of thumb to path level the kerb goes in at?
    Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,996 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Is this a private driveway?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 stack18

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Is this a private driveway?

Yes just trying to get away from precast kerb's so putting in a paving Stone 140mm

There is no restriction.

100 would be more standard, but 140 is fine. I take it you don't have a car with low profile body work ;)

There is no restriction.

100 would be more standard, but 140 is fine. I take it you don't have a car with low profile body work ;)

Thanks would the top of the kerb be level with top of foot path or higher or lower?

stack18 wrote: »
    Thanks would the top of the kerb be level with top of foot path or higher or lower?

its very hard to answer that without knowing other details...

firstly, a footpath beside a private driveway, really?
    secondly, how is to footpath drained, does it need to drain to the road? if it does the you obviously dont want the kerb higher.

• Advertisement

its very hard to answer that without knowing other details...

firstly, a footpath beside a private driveway, really?
    secondly, how is to footpath drained, does it need to drain to the road? if it does the you obviously dont want the kerb higher.

The footpath around the house in relation to the kerb opposite it if you understand. I'll have to have 3 inch fall away from the path to the kerb then would it look best to keep same level to path and finish drive way three inch lower.

The path is usually level with the driveway.

A kerb here would be unusual, but not unheard of, I've no idea what your levels are like.

Normally the kerb would be between drive and green area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dylan lowry

Just in relation, is it 3inch to the top of the kerb from the footpath or 3inchs to the water mark on the kerb , cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭SodiumCooled

I'd be keeping footpaths and driveway at the same level much better for multiple reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dylan lowry

SO the top of the kerb would be the same height as the footpath

Advertisement