Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Heating Pump problem

Options
  • 25-04-2014 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Central heating pump tonight has started to make a whirring noise (no banging)
    I turned on all the rads and bled them after I had opened the front screw(with the heating off) on the pump a crack to allow water to come out in case there was a airlock in there.
    I did not remove the nut as the pump works so I had no need to turn the inner screw as you would if pump was stuck etc.
    I then turned the speed from 3 to 2 and the noise disappeared but then returned but quieter.
    What has changed since the heating was last on was I turned off the main stopcock in the kitchen to change the tap.
    It is a open vented system.
    All rads are hot.
    Based 15 mins from Cork city centre so maybe should get the boiler and gas fire serviced at the same time.
    Any recommendations?

Is it pump changing time?

Regards,

Kieran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭richieburke01

Pump is on the way
    Bearing is starting fail
    Need new pump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

I think Richie is in your area & covers gas so you could always send him a PM.

Advertisement