Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm Firmware Update

Options
  • 25-04-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an Astec alarm, I know they are out of business, but is there anyone out there that can do firmware (software updates on these panels. I have a Astec 63 and years ago I was getting a Contact fault on a zone, but it was not the contact (as I bypassed it with a second contact) and so I assumed it was a wiring fault. I also swapped over two zones i case it was a zone problem. Anyway for years I have been bypassing the contact on that zone every time I was arming the system.

I believe in the latest firmware there is an option
    The following commands have been added to eliminate the possibility of false alarms
    that may be caused by damage to wiring etc.
    46 enable/disable contacts on zones 1-6 (YES = disabled).
    47 enable/disable PA on zones 1-6 (YES = disabled).
    48 enable/disable entry/exit on zones 1-6 (YES = disabled).

but my panel does not have menu option 46, 47 & 48. What I would like to do is disable all contacts on one zone permanently to prevent future false alarms.

The software seems to be on a removable chip. Anyone want to swap with a later chip or know anyone that can upgrade it for me?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I don't think you could get that done.
    There is an option to put a zone on soak test using command 87.

Advertisement