Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec alarm service and fix fault- ext bell tamper open

Options
  • 25-04-2014 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Alarm has been going off randomly when unset just after you unset it over past two weeks. I've rang a few alarm company's in my area Athy co kildare but two have said that they can't get parts for astec and I need to replace whole system as sensors not compatible etc. and other guy not really sure what he could do. Anyone had this problem or could someone PM me details of someone in south kildare/laois/carlow area that might have solution and come and work on this issue. Thanking you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zg3409

External bell tamper, is the switch on the bellbox saying someone has removed the cover. It could be just rusty, and need a new switch. Somone could just bypass the switch on the bellbox with a connector to check.

Someone on here should be able to help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The bell tamper on an Astec Bell is incorporated into the SAB as opposed to a separate leaf switch that can be shorted out.
    Usually it's just a case of checking the lid is fixed tight to the base.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 toratora

Is it possible to get astec alarms serviced or is it true what I've been informed that you can't get parts. I need to get it serviced as it is condition of house insurance and it's been nearly three years since it was done

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Astec parts are obsolete. However global sensors, contacts PiRs and bells can be converted to work with Astec. We still have 1000s of them still working perfectly.
    Don't be fooled by some companies saying you need a complete new system.
    Even if the panel or keypad is gone you can replace with a GSD system and keep your existing sensors and contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 toratora

Thanks for your expertise as electrics not my thing, have looked at sticky on installers but none done my part of the world. If anyone knows good alarm company for servicing down south kildare, carlow area please PM me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement