Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tommy tippee baby digital video sensor with monitor £93

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

this is what i got in the confirmation email when i paid for mine

This item is available for ordering however it will not be dispatched until stock is received in our warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

I would prefer summer infant but for €100 i would take it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I was going to get the angel care one but this is better value and with video too, will certainly get the same money back for it at a later date

Without any problems;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sud1

I had one of these and there are constant false alarms..I ended up returning and getting the angle care and have had no issues with that..the tommy tippee one was alarming upto 3 times a night!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have angel care and its top notch. Personally wouldn't get video as friends who have it are glued to it. I find motion detector lets you know any issues

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

We had the regular Tommy Tippee monitor with the sensor mat, the mat would drive you crazy, as soon as there was no movement/weight on it it would go off, so if you got up to feed the child in the middle of the night and picked it up you'd wake the hold house unless you remembered to turn off the sensor.

In regards the camera, I got a regular CCTV wifi camera and have it put in the room, that's hooked up to an app on our phones so we can check whenever we want to make sure everything is ok, best invention ever imvho, have the added bonus of when she grows up I can re-use it somewhere else as a normal security camera.

You can but it wont show You temperature or let You communicate with baby or play simple melodies.
    Better false alarm than none.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

loki7777 wrote: »
    Better false alarm than none.

You say that before the 100th time you've been woken up by a false alarm, the boy who cried wolf comes to mind

• Advertisement

You know but the 1 time You wont wake up and what than? I am standing up as soon as i hear any movement or sounds inside my baby cot - I just become father a week ago.

It is not about that because nothing is perfect, that kind of monitors are useful - not the cheapest one - but better have one than regret.

Which cam do You have - any foscam?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

I got this a couple of years ago and wouldn`t recommend it. The video quality isn`t great but it is adequate. Our wee lad had great fun playing with the wires when he was a few months old:-( so we had to reposition the camera well away from his cot, which reduced our visibility, although we can still see him and see what he`s doing. We stopped using the sensor mat after a day, no false alarms, we just preferred not to use it as our lad never stopped moving in his sleep.

I would definitely recommend getting a video/audio monitor as having the ability to monitor our baby from another room is invaluable to us. For example: Hearing a noise at 3am in his room and being able to glance at a monitor to see if he had woken up or was just moving around, meaning we didn`t have to get up (which could have actually woken him up) is priceless!

Like another poster detailed, I`ll be investing in a HD webcam for future additions to our family:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I would recommend this https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/hurry-while-stocks-last/hurry-while-stocks-last/ps/p/motorola-mbp28-digital-wireless-baby-monitor/

2 cameras and you can add more and also add more receivers.
    We have it for 2 years now. Video quality is good (not going to win an Oscar for cinematography)
    Your Wifi will not interfere with it as we found a motercare one had savage bad interference with Wifi.
    Great price too

Sorry for posting another bargain in your thread OP

loki7777 wrote: »
    You know but the 1 time You wont wake up and what than? I am standing up as soon as i hear any movement or sounds inside my baby cot - I just become father a week ago.

It is not about that because nothing is perfect, that kind of monitors are useful - not the cheapest one - but better have one than regret.

Which cam do You have - any foscam?

Firstly, congratulations, it's brilliant isn't it. I bet you are almost fighting with each other at the moment to deal with your new arrival, but trust me, when s/he is taking up every waking moment and you would do anything for a bit of sleep, that will change.

The camera I have is this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00432J56G/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1, I've it hooked up with Dropbox for recording, to our phones with TinyCam

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bosley1421

I would recommend this

2 cameras and you can add more and also add more receivers.
    We have it for 2 years now. Video quality is good (not going to win an Oscar for cinematography)
    Your Wifi will not interfere with it as we found a motercare one had savage bad interference with Wifi.
    Great price too

Sorry for posting another bargain in your thread OP

That is a bargain!
    I have that Motorola model with 1 camera and receiver, think I paid 70 euro for it. It's very reliable and infrared is clear.

Advertisement