Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best craft beer terrace/beer garden in Dublin?

Options
  • 25-04-2014 4:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads, which bar with a good selectionvof beers has the best outdoor area? City centre or walking distance prefered.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The Church at the end of Henry Street has a decent selection and a nice big outdoor area.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

You can find their selection here: http://www.thechurch.ie/main-bar/drinks/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Seaneh are you just digging for compliments for Alfie Byrne's?? That would be my top tip at the moment, not sure how strict they are about you bringing your drink outside the ropes but it's a bit of a sun-trap in the summer there.

I'm heading there this evening myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Seaneh are you just digging for compliments for Alfie Byrne's?? That would be my top tip at the moment, not sure how strict they are about you bringing your drink outside the ropes but it's a bit of a sun-trap in the summer there.

I'm heading there this evening myself.

Bit of a walk for me today tbh.
    Was hoping fir some hidden city centre gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Seaneh wrote: »
    Bit of a walk for me today tbh.
    Was hoping fir some hidden city centre gem.

Head to probus, pick up a bottle or two and then pretend you're a trinity student and sit on the grass outside the pav :cool:

• Advertisement

Head to probus, pick up a bottle or two and then pretend you're a trinity student and sit on the grass outside the pav :cool:

That's actually a genius idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

dregin wrote: »
    The Church at the end of Henry Street has a decent selection and a nice big outdoor area.

bring a large wallet.

Ended up in Alfies, lads I was meeting were in south william street, convinced them to move.

Pint of gypsy blonde and a 2/3 glass of blacks/beoir #1 fir 9.80... Can't argue with that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Publin were tweeting their 'Top 10' beer gardens today.They reckoned the Bernard Shaw has a "decent range" of craft beers and is ranked number 3.

The Long Stone was ranked 2 and I think they have Punk IPA on draft....

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Publin were tweeting their 'Top 10' beer gardens today.They reckoned the Bernard Shaw has a "decent range" of craft beers and is ranked number 3.

The Long Stone was ranked 2 and I think they have Punk IPA on draft....

Publin is a pretty **** blog in fairness though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The Pav has a decent selection of bottled craft beers for €5.20 including McGraths, Fyne, Hilden and a few others if I remember from earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Seaneh wrote: »
    Publin is a pretty **** blog in fairness though.

Don't really read much of the blog, follow on Twitter. They/he does do his bit to promote places that serve craft beer which is welcome.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    The Pav has a decent selection of bottled craft beers for €5.20 including McGraths, Fyne, Hilden and a few others if I remember from earlier today.

I read that as 2.50 the first time! :p

Do they still have barrelhead?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I read that as 2.50 the first time! :p

Do they still have barrelhead?

Last time I was charged €4.20 for a McGraths, though accidentally it seems.

I didn't see any Barrelhead but it was packed so I couldn't get a good look at the beers available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Saw a couple of girls with some packs of Sierra Nevada sitting by the canal yesterday. Making Dublin their craft beer garden :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

We'd a college reunion there last year, was pleasantly surprised to see a few beers

Think I drank McGrath's until the lads decided to relive their youth & only allow people to drink Bavaria!!

symbolic wrote: »
    Saw a couple of girls with some packs of Sierra Nevada sitting by the canal yesterday. Making Dublin their craft beer garden :-)

Is that not illegal in this fine country of ours? :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Last time I was in they were selling some 8 degrees stuff. They've improved immeasurably over the past 3 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,866 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its not illegal in the country as a whole I don't think but there may be local bye-laws in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

You get a pass for drinking craft beer :)

• Advertisement

symbolic wrote: »
    You get a pass for drinking craft beer :)

Helps that a lot of the canned craft beers packaging like Brewdog, Ska, SkyFox etc, look like soft drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

So is the beer garden at Alfies up and running so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

drumswan wrote: »
    So is the beer garden at Alfies up and running so?

Yes. Though unfortunately on Friday evening the sun wasn't playing ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

House on Leeson street has an excellent beer garden as well as glass roof garden bar. I think Franciscan Well is your lot though.

Saruman wrote: »
    House on Leeson street has an excellent beer garden as well as glass roof garden bar. I think Franciscan Well is your lot though.

Howling Gale, 5am Saint, Doombar in bottles all listed on the site but €6.20 each as well as rebel red and friar weisse on draught.

Nice to have the option but think I'll skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Nope, girls have been legal in Ireland since 1998.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Nope, girls have been legal in Ireland since 1998.

Feck off you....:pac:

Was in Alfie Byrnes today for the first time. Must say what a cool pub, bit of everything going on. Love the fact that they've a screen big screen for the matches and only for the matches. Also 10 euro thursday and friday for burger and a pint of there beers, not bad.

The beer garden reminds me a lot of the Paris bars/cafes.
    Nothing wrong with sitting outside there all afternoon with a beoir no 1 watching dublin go by :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 bareland

Stop pimping your blog

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

He won't pimp it any more coz I've permabanned him.

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Does toners on bag got street do any craft beers?

Advertisement