Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird super Q 90 fuel consumption/hr.

Options
  • 25-04-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Does anyone know how much fuel these boilers burn per hour, from startup when the house is cold it runs almost continuously for 30 mins without cutting out, then cycles on off on the thermostat, I know age will have an increase on the consumption, and its 19 years old, currently drawing up running cost comparison between it and an ASHP. House was built in 1995, cavity wall and attic insulation upgraded last year which cut back running time of the boiler to 4h/24h which isn't bad for a 2000sq ft house. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Lots of considerations on this, nozzle size, pressure, cleanliness of heat exchanger, sounds like its doing what it should be doing. a service and chat with the service man could put you in the picture more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

This thread may help.

[URL="http://Home Rec Home & Garden Plumbing & Heating Riello Burner Consumption"[/URL]

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Assuming that the boiler is set up for 90,000 BTU, then it will be using just under 3 litres per hour of running. How much value you are getting from this oil greatly depends on it being serviced and combustion ratios being properly set.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Wearb wrote: »
    Assuming that the boiler is set up for 90,000 BTU, then it will be using just under 3 litres per hour of running. How much value you are getting from this oil greatly depends on it being serviced and combustion ratios being properly set.

I Agree with that. + I'm a service man.

Depends on boiler/house/ usage/quality of service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭richieburke01

scudo2 wrote: »
    I Agree with that. + I'm a service man.

Depends on boiler/house/ usage/quality of service.

We have come along from what we use to get to set them up
    Picture is bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

Thanks for the replies, there's no way
    I'd have thought it would be near 3l/hr...good to know!

Advertisement