Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New: Kilkenny Digital Music Conservatory "For kids who can't play instruments good"

Options
  • 25-04-2014 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Link: http://kdmc.eu/

This sounds interesting. A new three year course, covering sampling, synthesis, and orchestration, amongst other things.

What kind of career/money making opportunities could someone expect after completion? Is there much prospect of work in this area in this country?

I'm not affiliated in any way btw, but I live in Kilkenny and might be interested in doing it. I haven't much of a background in digital production but I'm a musician (I'm not a kid and I can play instruments good!) and I currently work as a DJ.

What do you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

haha, It says that on the website.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

There's very little information up there. It's surprising that they released the website in such an unfinished state without a syllabus or descriptions of the modules/classes. The links to Wikipedia are a bit of a cop-out - they should have their own entries/link pages. They also seem to fall into that double-barrelled module-naming trap, e.g., synthesis and counterpoint: two subjects that have very little to do with each other.
    I like the idea of using hardware, as this would fall into line with real-world studio practice - not sure about the '18 months of hardware' bit; half of the fun of owning hardware is the extra possibilities it gives you when you interface it with the digital and computer stuff to create unique hybrid setups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Is this from the same people who gave us The Derek Zoolander School For Kids That Can't Read Good And Want To Do Other Things Good Too?

Advertisement