Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses to Ikea, Dublin

Options
  • 24-04-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Does the 13 (or 13a) still serve Ikea? I think the 140 definitely does, but need a choice, just in case.

The Dublin Bus timetable is its usual gnomic self, and doesn't give half enough details on a route. It's as if they expect you to be as familiar with their routes as they are. :mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

According to the route stop map it doesn't serve Ikea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

It's all a bit odd: Ikea says the 13 stops on Balbutcher Rd. Dublin Bus says Ikea is walkable from the number 4 route, but doesn't say which stop to use. :confused:

Thanks, January! :D

Stop number 322, just after the Metro Hotel on the 4 route is the stop to get off to walk to IKEA, you'll see it from the bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,258 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Route 13 is a possibility, but 140 is much better. Bus Éireann route 109a (Kells-Navan-Airport-DCU) goes past on the main road, some distance away. http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=247#Meath

Select the IKEA site here: http://journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/rm

But much better, put your exact locations (start/end point and IKEA) and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Make sure you have selected "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The 140 is the better option, the 13 and 4 will get you to within walking distance but it would be a bit awkward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Use hittheroad.ie it will give you all the options. 140 is probably the handiest as it goes right into Ikea.

It's only awkward if the OP is going to buy big bulky items, but I doubt that very much if he's getting the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

January wrote: »
    It's only awkward if the OP is going to buy big bulky items, but I doubt that very much if he's getting the bus.

Would the bus driver even let someone on board with a bulky item ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Would the bus driver even let someone on board with a bulky item ?

I get the 140 pretty regularly and you would be amazed what people bring on when coming back from Ikea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

January wrote: »
    It's only awkward if the OP is going to buy big bulky items, but I doubt that very much if she's getting the bus.

fyp:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I suppose after this anything is possible !

https://www.facebook.com/irishabroad.page/posts/167556726728719

Advertisement