Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopcock cover and Key?

Options
  • 24-04-2014 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am trying to figure out how to shut off my water at my external Stopcock.
    Is the square opening on the right of the picture the tap to shut off the water? If so what key do I need to get?
    Thanks
    IMG_0117.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hi,
    I am trying to figure out how to shut off my water at my external Stopcock.
    Is the square opening on the right of the picture the tap to shut off the water? If so what key do I need to get?
    Thanks
    IMG_0117.jpg

Ye that's the one. It's a 1/4 turn stopcock. Don't know if a key. I usually use 2 large flat screwdrivers side by side

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭jack_pearse

Great, I guess it's pretty easy to jam something in there and turn it since it's just a quater turn.
    It would be nice to have a key handy though in case of an emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Great, I guess it's pretty easy to jam something in there and turn it since it's just a quater turn.
    It would be nice to have a key handy though in case of an emergency
    You will get a key for it in any builders/plumbing merchants.
    You won't need it for long because that type of meter box is been replaced as part of the new metering fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Yes you will get a key in a builders providers and if not innotive products in drogheda sell em.
    One good thing about the metering is that these bloody boxes are being replaced!!
    They have caused alot of problems around here.

Advertisement