Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography-someone tell me about elective please

Options
  • 24-04-2014 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

So ive been going through the essays that we need for section 4 electives and there seems to be a whole lot. Like alot. Now my teacher probably spent 3 weeks doing it and we did stuff on a MNC and picking where to set up a business but i mean im looking at the essays and there is alot of stuff there that we dont have. Im wondering how long you guys spent doing electives section and will i have to do all those essays? or can I bye-pass a few? I just need some Information what needs to be learned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SoundInfluence

Well there's 3 topics that are consistently up every year- globalisation/colonialism, EU policies on Ireland (CAP) and MNC's. You can use India to answer the majority of questions in the economic elective!
    Elsewhere, as you suggested, the reasons for the location of a MNC tends to come up every year.
    Another one that's suggested is the economic and environmental advantages of renewable energy resources (such as Ireland's abundance of wind farms and hydro electic power in comparison to the burning of fossil fuels)

They're the main essays I'll be concentrating on and our teacher says you'll be more then able to answer 2 questions in the economic elective with those!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Well there's 3 topics that are consistently up every year- globalisation/colonialism, EU policies on Ireland (CAP) and MNC's. You can use India to answer the majority of questions in the economic elective!
    Elsewhere, as you suggested, the reasons for the location of a MNC tends to come up every year.
    Another one that's suggested is the economic and environmental advantages of renewable energy resources (such as Ireland's abundance of wind farms and hydro electic power in comparison to the burning of fossil fuels)

They're the main essays I'll be concentrating on and our teacher says you'll be more then able to answer 2 questions in the economic elective with those!

I think the economic elective is a massive pain in the a*se tbh. Very little fact and a lot of waffling about climate change and global warming. The MNC question can come up in about 10 different ways as well. Another Q I would tip to come up is Sustainable Development. The only section of the paper I don't feel confident about getting full marks in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Awesome so If I just learn these ones you mentioned above I'll be able to answer electives with no problem? Right? Thanks For Info Helped alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Williamhicks

<modsnip - advertising a paid site>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

<modsnip - advertising a paid site>

REALLY annoys me when people try to make money on the backs of people's worries about exams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement