Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivetime - RTE1 22nd April 2014

Options
  • 24-04-2014 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Does anyone know who was presenting on Tuesday? I never listened but flicked on and they were talking about Moyes so left it on. I don't know who the guy presenting was but he was absolutely shocking. I couldn't believe it was RTE because it sounded like community radio.

He had a journo from Manchester on and proceeded to constantly interrupt/talk over the guy when he was giving answers. Also, while the guest was talking, you could hear the host breathing heavily & rustling paper (he obviously never turned his mic down while guy was answering). In the end it just became to irritating to listen to.

Any ideas who the presenter was and if he was just filling in?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

OH yeah I heard it was well.. It was Brian Dowling.. I thought (in the few bits that I heard) that he sounded very amateur as well... Which is strange given that he's been presenting his own show on Saturdays for the last while..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Royaler78

Brian Dowling as in Big Brother Brian Dowling? Presenting an RTE Current Affairs show?? Are you sure? Didn't think it sounded like him but it could have been. Just sounded really nervous and just...well...amateurish, as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Royaler78 wrote: »
    Brian Dowling as in Big Brother Brian Dowling? Presenting an RTE Current Affairs show?? Are you sure? Didn't think it sounded like him but it could have been. Just sounded really nervous and just...well...amateurish, as you say.

There are two Brian Dowlings - I assume the one presenting was the political correspondent & Saturday Show presenter. Maybe football is not his thing or he prefers the Community League.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Royaler78

That's him, slight lisp I think? Regarding 'football not being his thing' - there was nothing wrong with the questions, that wasn't the issue. He just sounded like a total amateur who had never broadcast before & was making very basic mistakes as outlined in original post. Anyway mystery solved.

Advertisement