Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass sweet jars for wedding

Options
  • 23-04-2014 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Has any1 old jars to sell or know where get empty sweet jars for sweet cart at wedding.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Have you tried done deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thekellys

No not yet I'll try dere thanks
    jlm29 wrote: »
    Have you tried done deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shelliwelli

I picked some up in ikea at the weekend for one euro each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thekellys

Thanks a mill il get them dere so.
    I picked some up in ikea at the weekend for one euro each.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We got ours in Heatons .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They're in Dunnes. Few different sizes are reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

There are a few people on the Mrs2be forum selling sweet jars!! Or adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

If you're getting lots, try alpack.ie for wholesale prices. Haven't bought any there yet, but that's where we plan on going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

ask around friends or relatives will probably let you borrow them for the day, as thats all you will use them for really, (or maybe birthday parties afterwards)

you could also get creative, if you are artsy wide neck jars you'd have lying around could do for sweets like bonbons, or biscuit glass jars, or coffee jars, glass bowls or vases...etc a bit of ribbon...etc

if you need to buy some, tescos were selling glass jars off in their clearance section other shops already mentioned here will have them too,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

We got ours in Heatons- wasn't as mad on Ikea ones.
    Actually, might still have a big bunch of jars upstairs to sell if interested I could throw up a few pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

This place is amazing:

http://www.alpack.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 barnaneboi

What sort of sweets have people had in their candy carts? What do people like or are they just a waste of time and money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We didn't bother with a candy cart, we just put a different jar of sweets at the centre of each table. Pretty cheap and easier than doing favours, plus it got people mingling to swap sweets! We just bought a few bags of different types of penny sweets from Tesco, got the generic brands whenever possible to save a few quid. It's good to have a mix of fruity jellies, hard sweets and something chocolatey like minstrels/ eclairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

This place is amazing:

http://www.alpack.ie/

That place looks great and soooo cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Millem wrote: »
    That place looks great and soooo cheap

Their stuff is really good. I use it for jam, and helped a friend decorate a hotel (the Morrison) for a wedding in the last couple of weeks and she got everything there. In fact she got everything in Ikea, Tiger and the back garden, and it all looked a million dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 laniey

Ikea also have a good range of cheap sweet jars.

Anyone know where to get the sweets though? I'm bought a few jars in Ikea but now I've to locate sweets and I don't want them to cost a fortune!!

laniey wrote: »
    Ikea also have a good range of cheap sweet jars.

Anyone know where to get the sweets though? I'm bought a few jars in Ikea but now I've to locate sweets and I don't want them to cost a fortune!!

is there a cash and carry nearby you have access to? they are the best for buying in bulk, i know for our wedding we got tubs of the haribo jellies on a buy 2 tubs get the third tub free so we had a good choice there.

also the sherbets and wine gums and mints were on half price offers there.

Thanks. I thought a person needed to have a business account with a cash and carry to purchase goods. Do you know if this is true? Or am I able to go into a cash and carry and get sweets?? That would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Thanks. I thought a person needed to have a business account with a cash and carry to purchase goods. Do you know if this is true? Or am I able to go into a cash and carry and get sweets?? That would be great!

You do need an account!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

We used alpack!!

• Advertisement

you do need an account, i only mentioned it as some people might not think of it as an option. also some sports and social clubs do have one (my husbands company gives members of the sports and social club access to one) so if you ask around maybe someone in your family or friends might have one and be able to help you out,

Thanks a million! I'll see if I can find anybody with an account.

Advertisement