Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candy Crush-Is that where credit's going?

Options
  • 23-04-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

I got a call from Vodafone today (general call, you know where they try to offer you deals) and I ended up explaining to the guy that my credit seems to get eaten up too quickly.

I only make Vodafone calls and texts (and they're free when I top up by €20 a month. When the free calls and texts thing expires after 28 days, I naturally use my credit to make calls and texts.)

However, even when using the credit, I am still only making Vodafone calls and texts but still my credit just disappears and it can't be on calls/texts as I don't text much and I don't talk much on the phone.

I explained this to the guy and I said I played Candy Crush Saga.
    I said "I did think this was a free game though" and he said "I don't know, there could be some games that charge. It certainly would explain where your credit's gone as I can see from your account that there is no other explanation for the credit being eaten up."

So, to cut a long story short...is there a charge for playing Candy Crush?
    When I'm at home, I use my Eircom network on my phone, so it's not like I'm using mobile network.

PS-I don't purchase anything in the game either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Unless you buy stuff theres no charge but it can use data if thats turned on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Candy crush will eat data if you are a serious player tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Unless you buy stuff theres no charge but it can use data if thats turned on.

Sorry to be such a dunce but what do you mean by "use data"?
    On my phone, under SETTINGS, there's a thing called MOBILE NETWORK and I always make sure that's unticked as I want to use my home broadband.
    If MOBILE NETWORK is ticked, then I'm using Vodafone's mobile internet and *that* I could understand.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are you playing candy crush on your phone away from your house?

Stheno wrote: »
    Are you playing candy crush on your phone away from your house?

No, not at all as I'm aware I'd be charged for using mobile internet then.

Also, side note--I have no idea how much credit it costs to browse the Internet on my phone either...does anyone know, roughly?
    Say for two minutes each time?

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    No, not at all as I'm aware I'd be charged for using mobile internet then.

Also, side note--I have no idea how much credit it costs to browse the Internet on my phone either...does anyone know, roughly?
    Say for two minutes each time?

That depends on your package tbh, unlimited data means free, but other packages have a limit, so check that

That depends on your package tbh, unlimited data means free, but other packages have a limit, so check that

Thanks.
    I'll give Vodafone a call tomorrow then and find out, but to be honest, I find a lot of the wording they use confusing.

If they say, for example "..500gb of data"..stuff like that. I wouldn't have a clue what that actually means!

fussyonion wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I'll give Vodafone a call tomorrow then and find out, but to be honest, I find a lot of the wording they use confusing.

If they say, for example "..500gb of data"..stuff like that. I wouldn't have a clue what that actually means!

I have a work phone, and the rule with my phone is that unless they consider usage excessive (I travel a lot globally and hit big limits) I never know about it.

however for personal customers I believe you can track your usage, so ask them about that.

Give them a call and ask about your limits and if they have an online tracker, so you can decide if that must have game is worth it.

I'm a candy crush fan, but not to spending myself into penury :)

I have a work phone, and the rule with my phone is that unless they consider usage excessive (I travel a lot globally and hit big limits) I never know about it.

however for personal customers I believe you can track your usage, so ask them about that.

Give them a call and ask about your limits and if they have an online tracker, so you can decide if that must have game is worth it.

I'm a candy crush fan, but not to spending myself into penury :)

I did see a thing on my phone the other day that said it would alert me when I had reached my usage limit.
    I didn't even know I had a usage limit or what it even was!

I'll write all these things down and ask Vodafone tomorrow.
    Thanks for your advice :)

Advertisement