Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems with drivers-theory-test-ie.com

Options
  • 23-04-2014 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

On 13/04/14 I made a booking with drivers-theory-test-ie.com for my theory test. They have a protection for 23 euro which means i can rest my exam until I pass. To this date i have not received anything from them, no booking number, no phone call/email, not even a payment confirmation email. They have taken the full payment out of my bank account on the same day that i booked the test.

I have tried to contact them numerous times but have heard nothing back. At the moment i am trying to get my money back off them but they seem to be ignoring any and all contact i try to make with them.

Has anyone every booked their theory test with these before and did they have the same problem I am having?

I know its only 70 euro and all but its the fact they will not make any contact with me that really annoying me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

That looks like a scam website address to me! Correct me if I'm wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Why didn't you book it on the official website? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,201 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Did you pay by Debit card or Credit card? It sounds like a scam, either way I would be contacting my bank and telling them in the event they try to take more money from your account. If you paid by credit card you may be covered against fraud but don't think you have the same protection with a debit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

Thats not their official site. I'd say its a scam site..
    Although its the first result when you google "driver theory test". - but its an advertised link.

This is the actual official site http://theorytest.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

The only place that you can book your test is the rsa.ie website.

http://www.theorytest.ie is the official website. Not saying that the other are scams but if it looks like one it probably is. Get onto your bank and see if they can do a charge back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

OP, I'd get in touch with your bank as soon as possible. That site is purely for phishing your details. Your at serious risk of fraud from my review of the site, code etc.

I reported this to Google as a scam site. Maybe we should all do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dean540

Yeah its kinda my fault for not actally looking into this more. Ill contact my bank tomorrow and see if they can do a charge back but i know from my current job that this can somtimes take months to fully go through :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Dean540 wrote: »
    Yeah its kinda my fault for not actally looking into this more. Ill contact my bank tomorrow and see if they can do a charge back but i know from my current job that this can somtimes take months to fully go through :(

You will need to change your card and make sure that any payments coming into it in future are rejected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

http://www.drivers-theory-test-ie.com/test-details.php

The spelling mistakes here say it all!! I really hope you get sorted OP, can't stand a$$ h's like these people that rip people off!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi,

On 13/04/14 I made a booking with drivers-theory-test-ie.com for my theory test. They have a protection for 23 euro which means i can rest my exam until I pass. To this date i have not received anything from them, no booking number, no phone call/email, not even a payment confirmation email. They have taken the full payment out of my bank account on the same day that i booked the test.

I have tried to contact them numerous times but have heard nothing back. At the moment i am trying to get my money back off them but they seem to be ignoring any and all contact i try to make with them.

Has anyone every booked their theory test with these before and did they have the same problem I am having?

I know its only 70 euro and all but its the fact they will not make any contact with me that really annoying me.

Never heard of that site myself before.

Similar with the EHIC Card. The official HSE site is here and card is free; however with hse-ehic site right here they charge 19.95euro. Many people have been caught out there also due to the similarities with the online website title.

Sorry to hear you clicked on wrong site for your theory test. Just click on this linkie and register for your official test.

Scam-artists everywhere!

Best of Luck,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

matt70iu wrote: »
    http://www.drivers-theory-test-ie.com/test-details.php

The spelling mistakes here say it all!! I really hope you get sorted OP, can't stand a$$ h's like these people that rip people off!

the overuse of Capital letters is a bit of a clue too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Hi,

You're in good company OP, something really should be done about this.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057149014

Advertisement