Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are peoples views on the use of illegal drugs in greyhound racing in ireland

Options
  • 23-04-2014 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I would appreciate peoples views on the use of illegal drugs in racing greyhounds in Ireland. Should it be allowed to continue? Thanks for your replies in advance.

Comments

There is a lot wrong with the greyhound industry at the moment. By illegal drugs, I assume you mean performance enhancing ones. They are NEVER acceptable in any sport. Unfortunately, those owners/trainers whose charges have tested positive for ped's seem to have the upper hand and can get away with using not just performance enhancing drugs, but seriously damaging ones. The Gardai should be the ones investigating them, not the IGB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pokerseamus

Yes I mean performance enhancing drugs and I have to totally agree with your view on the current situation. The law enforcement agencies must get involved otherwise its going to continue. Shame..

Advertisement