Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inefficient central heating

Options
  • 22-04-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

My central heating system (gas) doesn't seem powerful enough. I've replaced the gas boiler and improved the attic insulation, with BER increased from D2 to C1. But when it's freezing outside and the boiler is at full blast it's still impossible to get the temperature above about 18 without using auxiliary fire. Everybody says I have enough radiators. I suspect there is some basic problem within the heating system. What sort of a firm is capable of a diagnosis? I don't want some plumbing contractor who will just sell me some component without being sure that they've found the problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭jimf

post your area a lot of good lads on here im sure you will get a good recommendation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭richieburke01

jimf wrote: »
    post your area a lot of good lads on here im sure you will get a good recommendation

You need to get a heat load calculation done to see if the boiler and radiators and pipe work are sized correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Earnest wrote: »
    My central heating system (gas) doesn't seem powerful enough. I've replaced the gas boiler and improved the attic insulation, with BER increased from D2 to C1. But when it's freezing outside and the boiler is at full blast it's still impossible to get the temperature above about 18 without using auxiliary fire. Everybody says I have enough radiators. I suspect there is some basic problem within the heating system. What sort of a firm is capable of a diagnosis? I don't want some plumbing contractor who will just sell me some component without being sure that they've found the problem.

Was it good before or was it always like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Earnest

jimf wrote: »

Dublin 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Earnest

JohnnieK wrote: »
    Was it good before or was it always like that?

It was always like that. I thought with a new boiler and extra insulation it would solve the problem, but it didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭jimf

Earnest wrote: »
    It was always like that. I thought with a new boiler and extra insulation it would solve the problem, but it didn't.

why not send a pm to johnniek hes in your area a good man and wont mess you about

Advertisement