Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What top to wear with this skirt?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I bought this skirt years ago impulse buy and due to putting on the Lbs didnt wear it now I have lost 2 stone I can fit into it and would love to wear it for my summer holidays. I dont know what top to wear with it though I know a pattern top is out but what style or colour top should I wear with it?

http://www.polyvore.com/new_look_lemon_yellow_fruit/thing?id=53326066

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Oh that's cute! And congrats on losing the weight. I would probably wear a simple sleeveless vest top in the green colour, or a crisp white shirt knotted at the waist, but I'm very staid when it comes to clothing choices! Others might have better ideas :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

If you wanted to go a little Charlotte from SATC, I think the skirt would be lovely with a sleeveless white shirt, very Upper East Side! Or even just a white tee tucked in.

For a more modern look a white crop would be cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭naughtyfox

I would wear it with a simple vest top or similiar in yellow or white, congrats on the weight loss and im sure you will rock the skirt in style whatever you put with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Thanks guys will be on hols want to wear it out for say lunches during day or an evening meal, crop tops good idea also with cute flats and accessories. Mollie King wears a pencil skirt version of it here with white bustier top however, my figure not as good as hers :(
    http://shesasecretshopper.com/found-it-mollie-king-lemon-print-skirt/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I would wear a plain, crisp white vest/t-shirt top.

I wouldn't add colour or another pattern as that would take from the skirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Yeah white would be nice or olive crop top with gold accessories might pick up a pair of lemon or green flats somewhere. It's been hanging in my wardrobe so long never seeing light of day this summer is the chance to finally wear it

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Congrats on the weight loss. That's a beautiful skirt. I think anything white will look great with it, so vest (something like this tucked in? or this is a lovely one, have it myself and it's great with skirts/blazers), shirt or even a fine knit sweater with a 3/4 sleeve for cooler days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

That's absolutely gorgeous skirt! I'd be also more inclined in wearing it with a crisp white sleeveless shirts, tshirts or camis. Green in the shade of the leaves could look lovely too.
    Congratulations on the weight loss, enjoy the holidays! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Twee. wrote: »
    If you wanted to go a little Charlotte from SATC, I think the skirt would be lovely with a sleeveless white shirt, very Upper East Side! Or even just a white tee tucked in.

For a more modern look a white crop would be cute.
    I would be fully in agreement with this. Either of these ideas would be very 'chic'.

Advertisement