Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vokera Mynute HE - summer setting for hot water wont work

Options
  • 22-04-2014 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, I have a Vokera Mynute HE - for the C1 (heating) program it seems to be working fine. However, the C2 (hot water) is turning on, but it does not heat up my water. Any ideas what could be wrong with it? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

diana85 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a Vokera Mynute HE - for the C1 (heating) program it seems to be working fine. However, the C2 (hot water) is turning on, but it does not heat up my water. Any ideas what could be wrong with it? Thanks!

It could be one of a few things.
    Most likely you have a motorised zone valve on the hot water section, this is usually controlled by a thermostat on the hot water cylinder.
    Check that the thermostat (if fitted) on the cylinder is turned up. If this does not make a difference it could be that the motorised valve is stuck (most likely the problem) it looks something like the pic below, but may be a different colour and made of plastic or metal. See if you can find it in the hot press and let us know which make it is and we will try to help.
    motorised_valve.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16 diana85

K.Flyer wrote: »
    It could be one of a few things.
    Most likely you have a motorised zone valve on the hot water section, this is usually controlled by a thermostat on the hot water cylinder.
    Check that the thermostat (if fitted) on the cylinder is turned up. If this does not make a difference it could be that the motorised valve is stuck (most likely the problem) it looks something like the pic below, but may be a different colour and made of plastic or metal. See if you can find it in the hot press and let us know which make it is and we will try to help.

Thank you so much for replying on this! Im not sure where that valve could be or if I could actually fix myself, I was hoping it would be a simpler route on fixing :) I may call out an electrician see if he can do anything. I was even thinking to get it serviced and hope that the person could fix that little problem, but that may be hoping for too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Well first off its not really a job for an electrician, its a job for someone who understands heating systems and their controls.
    Most guys who service boilers will know what to be looking out for, but unfortunatley some don't.
    If you post up which area you are in one of the good lads on here may be located near you and be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 diana85

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Well first off its not really a job for an electrician, its a job for someone who understands heating systems and their controls.
    Most guys who service boilers will know what to be looking out for, but unfortunatley some don't.
    If you post up which area you are in one of the good lads on here may be located near you and be able to help you out.

I am in the Blanchardstown area, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

diana85 wrote: »
    I am in the Blanchardstown area, thanks

Send johnniek a pm on here

• Advertisement
Advertisement