Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating others website as sub domain - Is it spam

Options
  • 22-04-2014 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi ALL

I just saw a Tweet by someone - pic.twitter.com/p97n5QqWqf - ( If you see the picture you will know it exactly)

A travel company created sub domain of others brand name ( website address) trying to ranking higher in google for that domain search.

Just want to know - Is this not a spam? and How google is ignoring such things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Google update their algorithms on a constant basis - there's a "war" between blackhat SEO / marketers and Google - been ongoing for years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Looks very spammy - i'm sure that the powers that be understand the difference between a domain and a sub-domain and the domain taking precedence (in the main).

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pingpipe

It looks like that may be against Google's AdWord's Trademark Policy, they really frown on that sort of thing.
    If the offending ad was reported to Google they would probably take action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Use Google's feedback form to report it - let them decide what to do, my money's on a serious penalty

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/spamreport?hl=en&pli=1

Advertisement