Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Charity

Options
  • 22-04-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi All,

I am loooking for some advise I am looking to set up a new charity in aid of suicide awareness and I am hoping someone could help me out. I applying to revenue for a charity and I need a set of rules guide lines etc I need to put this in a docmument but I am not very good at this.

Has anyone done this in the past. This is really colse to my heart and I really want to make this work

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maryt12

Hi,

Wonderful idea and I wish you the best of luck with it. To the best of my knowlege there will be alot of work involved in this , getting a team of people together to help you would be a good start. I dont have experience myself in setting up a charity but from what i know its not easy. Would you consider volunteering with an existing suicide awareness charity instead? There are quite a few well established charities in that particular area so if you are going ahead with it you need to define why yours will be different, what it can offer that existing charities dont offer etc. Something that might be of interest to you is ASIST, you may have heard of it, you could look into becoming part of their tham it delivers suicide intervention skills training to groups of people from all different areas. I attented one myself and I thought it was very worthwhile.

Advertisement