Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does JobBridge work count towards PRSI?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant, and had been working consistently until December (contract ended.)

I am due my baby at the start of July but I rang Dept. of Social Protection today and found out that despite all the PRSI contributions I had worked up in previous years, I do not qualify for Maternity Benefit unless I do at least one week work between now and due date!

I am panicking now as I am no longer with my partner and will be providing for my baby on my own. Lack of Maternity Benefit would add huge financial pressure.

Realistically the likelihood of gaining employment between now and July is very slim and I was wondering does anyone know if I was to secure a Job bridge position would that count towards my PRSI?

I am not in any way trying to be fraudulent, I just need to know is there any point in looking into Job Bridge or not.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

On Jobbridge you are not employed so there are no PRSI contributions. You can remain on Jobseekers and once the child is born you can have an increase of €29.80. You can be excused for signing 6 weeks before and 6 weeks after your due date. During this period payments can be made into the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jitter

Ok thanks a million Sue Ellen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

It would be almost worth your while to go to a local company and ask them to hire you for a week, and you'd pay them back half the wages or something
    Maybe even a weeks temping in office work or something,

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jitter

Very good idea skippy thanks, will try that!

Advertisement