Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Detergent For Power Washer?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

I got one of those power washers with the rotating brush head from Lidl.
    The provided detergent which worked very well is all used up now.

The instructions say that the pressure cleaner was designed to operate with a ....
    neutral detergent based on a biologically decomposable anionic tenside
    (3 parts water to one part detergent)

So what do you recommend ?
    How about regular washing up liquid?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

For your car?

I really hope not.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Those rotating brushes are a great way to cover your car's paintwork in swirls and scratches. As far as detergent goes, get one that's suitable for car paintwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

Chimaera wrote: »
    Those rotating brushes are a great way to cover your car's paintwork in swirls and scratches.

The brush is quite soft, but I will bear your tip in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭blacktea

Is it a work zone power washer by any chance.

i have one and used it today but the auto feed from the detergent bottle would not work. How did you get yours to work? Is there a switch or something similar?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

blacktea wrote: »

i have one and used it today but the auto feed from the detergent bottle would not work. How did you get yours to work? Is there a switch or something similar?

Take the Lance off the gun it will apply the dettergent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

blacktea wrote: »

The detergent will only work on a low pressure setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭blacktea

Thanks for the replies guys,

spoke to the manufacturers and they reckon the pump is gone so offered a refund / replacement

Advertisement