Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Subject Choice

Options
  • 22-04-2014 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I'm in ty at the moment and we have to pick our subjects for next year. We were meant to have our forms in before midterm so I'm under a bit of pressure! I'm still really unsure of what I want to do though...

Provisionally I put down german, business, chemistry and biology but I'm worried about the sciences. I don't think I want a career in science but I'm scared to shut off any options.

I'm thinking of dropping chemistry and doing history or home ec instead? Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I'm in ty at the moment and we have to pick our subjects for next year. We were meant to have our forms in before midterm so I'm under a bit of pressure! I'm still really unsure of what I want to do though...

Provisionally I put down german, business, chemistry and biology but I'm worried about the sciences. I don't think I want a career in science but I'm scared to shut off any options.

I'm thinking of dropping chemistry and doing history or home ec instead? Any opinions?
    If you were going to drop one of the science subjects, then I'd drop biology. Chemistry will still keep options open for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fishnetsxD

djpbarry wrote: »
    If you were going to drop one of the science subjects, then I'd drop biology. Chemistry will still keep options open for you.

I'd agree. I needed chemistry and can't do a course cause I don't have it. Biology is a really nice subject if you study it though :) Home ec is difficult enough just cause there is so much of it but it's not hard to understand :)

Advertisement