Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Items made from viscose

Options
  • 22-04-2014 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

I order shorts online and the material is 100% viscose.

They arrived today and they are lovely and I like them a lot. I find that they are a bit big in the waist. I know I could perhaps return them back and size down but I'll have to pay for the returns and wait maybe 2 or 3 weeks for the other to come in the post.

I googled viscose and shrinking in the wash.

I wonder could I chance my arm and stick them into the wash and hope for the best.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

You'd probably be better to find someone who could take them in for you rather than trying to shrink them in the wash. If it's just the waist that's too big, sometimes you could just put 2 little darts in the waistband to make it a little smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I wouldn't - you could completely ruin the fabric in a very hot wash so even if they did shrink, the fabric may be ruined. Bring the shorts to a tailer and they can alter them for you.

Advertisement