Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chain/Cable lock?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When I was ordering my bike I ordered two shackles as I wanted to by able to lock both wheels to the frame and rail. However, I didn't realise there was so much distance between my front wheel and the frame because it's a 29" MTB, so really I can't shackle the front wheel to the frame and rail. I can do the back wheel + frame + rail no problem though.

So really it's just a case of being able to secure my front wheel as it's a quick release. So right now I'm using a cheap cable lock, but I'm worried about using them as they're supposedly very easy to snip, so I want to buy a proper one or even better a chain lock.

Anybody have any experience with cable/chain locks? Any you could recommend to buy?

Advertisement