Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking phone for use in England

Options
  • 22-04-2014 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Me and my girlfriend are heading to England for work soon and she's a iPhone 4s that she's keen on keeping so I was wondering if she were to get it unlocked here could she put a UK sim in and work away fine with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Me and my girlfriend are heading to England for work soon and she's a iPhone 4s that she's keen on keeping so I was wondering if she were to get it unlocked here could she put a UK sim in and work away fine with it?

Yep, just go onto ebay for a few quid for the unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Yes UK networks are using the same technologies/frequencies as irish ones. If the phone is unlocked it will work with any UK network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Bob24 wrote: »
    Yes UK networks are using the same technologies/frequencies as irish ones. If the phone is unlocked it will work with any UK network.

That's brilliant lads, thanks!

Advertisement