Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove tea/foundation stains ?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 7:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has any hints for this? noticed traces of both on my blouse yesterday? tried the same shampoo that I used for the make up brushes and it had some affect on the tea, little or none on the foundation, I think, or was it the other way round?

Anyway suggestions would be appreciated
    Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If it's a white or colourfast light colour, Vanish Oxi is brilliant (make a paste and work it into the stains, and/or soak the whole garment in a solution). If it's an oil based make up try a dot of dish washing liquid. Not so sure for the tea but the Vanish would lift it. Old fashioned 'stain devils' liquids are great for these types of stains but I don't know if you can even get them any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Baking powder/soda is great for removing stains.

Wet the stains in warm water, rub the powder/soda into it and let sit for a few minutes, then rinse off, put the clothes on for a spin in the tub and put 1/2 a teaspoon of powder/soda in with the washing powder. Stains should be gone when the wash is finished.

Only do this on white/light clothes, if you do it on dark/coloured (red, blue, pink etc) clothes, the soda could end up staining them rather than removing the stain.

Ace bleach is another good one, spray it directly onto the stain, let sit for a minute (and a minute only) and then put on the wash. Don't let it sit for too long with the bleach on because as it is a bleach, it WILL stain if left too long so I never leave it sit for more than a minute.

Advertisement