Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-Switch/T-Coil Phones

Options
  • 22-04-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Thought I'd start a thread about what phones have the t-coil. Used to have a Nokia 6131 back in 2007;
    the_syco wrote: »
    If you have a Nokia 6131 (I got mine for €149 at an o2 store) click Menu, goto Settings, then to Enhancements, select Hearing Aid, and you can turn on the T-coil hearing aid mode.
    It allowed me to be able to hear only the person that I was talking to on the phone, which is amazing (esp in noisy places). Some of the iPhones had the feature I think, although I'm not sure. I'd like for anyone on this forum that has a phone to check if it has the ability to transmit to your hearing aid, and list them here.

Unfortunately, I only have a Huawei Y300 now, so no such luck, but someone out there may have one that does.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Only saw this thread now...

iPhone has hearing aid functionality. Starkey also have an iPhone app for remotely changing hearing aid programs and volume. Not sure if it would work on other aids, but works flawlessly on mine.

All Blackberry's have a t-coil setting as far as I remember.

Don't ever remember seeing a hearing aid setting on any of the Android devices that I had?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Moto G has hearing aid support but no idea of the details

Advertisement