Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD not finalised???

Options
  • 21-04-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. Apologies if this is in the wrong place:

Over the last couple of days while I've been playing my CDs on my stereo, I've been getting a message saying "CD not finalised" coming up on the display?? I played a cd just now, and halfway through a song it stopped and displayed said message....??? The radio was lying unused for a while in the attic. I bought one of those cd cleaning discs today too...,

Any suggestions what could be up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Some older music processing software asks if you want to finalise a CD when your burning data/audio. Finalising locks the CD so it can never be ammended. If the CD is not finalised it can possibly be amended/edited later I think, meaning the CD is kinda still open. You can probably download whats on the CD and burn it on to a new CD and then put the feet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Some older music processing software asks if you want to finalise a CD when your burning data/audio. Finalising locks the CD so it can never be ammended. If the CD is not finalised it can possibly be amended/edited later I think, meaning the CD is kinda still open. You can probably download whats on the CD and burn it on to a new CD and then put the feet up.

Even though it's a cd that I bought in the shops(ie a cd with music already on it)??

Advertisement