Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening hours for the ice box in Dun Laoghaire? Alternatives?

Options
  • 21-04-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all,

I have been reading quite a few older threads on where to find fresh fish directly from fishermen. Most threads recommended the ice box in Dun Laoghaire, which from what I understand is on the coal pier? (here: https://www.google.com/maps/@53.2967692,-6.1324021,19z right?)

Would anyone know their opening hours? Also if you happen to know of any other place to get very fresh fish directly from fishermen I'd be quite highly interested.
    (I am getting quite annoyed by the low quality not-so fresh fish, that's imported that you find in Howth fish shops or other)

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭josip

It's usually open until 5pm I think, Mon- Fri although I've never been on a Monday.
    Many days I've been there around 4 and it's still open.
    I'm not sure about the Saturday hours.
    They've got a green light above the door if they're open that can be seen from the street. Saves you a trip all the way to the end of the pier

• Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They have a facebook page. The quay fish shop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

From their FB page
    Open 9 - 5 tues - fri 9 - 1 sat ph 2805936

No fishmongers open on a Monday, as fishing boats never (AFAIK) land their catch on a Sunday and therefore you cannot get fresh fish on a Monday. Remember that the next time a restaurant tells you otherwise ;)

Advertisement