Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm DIY

Options
  • 21-04-2014 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,
    I'm looking on some advice on what my options in fitting an alarm system are. My house is already wired for an alarm and the zones are marked as follows;

Kitchen Window - (2 contacts)
    Down Stairs Toilet Window - (1 contact)
    Bell Attic
    Living room window (2 contacts)
    Patio Door (1 contact)
    Back dining room window ( 2 contacts)
    Front Door ( 1 contact)
    Front Door Keypad
    Front Windows Upstairs (4 contacts)
    Back Window Upstairs (4 contacts)
    Phone Prop (Don't know what this is?)
    Back Door Keypad (No need)
    Panic Button (No need)
    Garage Door (No need)

Is there such a thing as a hybrid system that I can add wireless motion detectors too. Also control panel will be wired beside the wifi router, can it be connected to the router to send txt or phone alerts?

Thanks for any advice,

Cheers,
    Tim

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most systems are hybrid now. They could incorporate your wired zones & give you the flexibility of wireless as well.

Take a look at Risco LightSYS or GSD i70 or Siemens SPC Range

All Hybrid systems with Apps to go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

OP please fit shock sensors as well as the contacts that you have mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 nippy

Hi KoolKid,
    Can you recommend any suppliers of these systems, be they online or store.
    Cheers
    Tim

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Tim, take a look at the sticky for contact details.
    For Siemens
    REW
    RWL
    Northwood Technology

For Risco
    REW
    IDAS

For GSD
    IDAS

As I've said, the house was pre wired and the zones are all marked for the control panel, but I don't seem to be able to locate the 'Bell Attic' wire in the attic. Is there a standard or normal place for this wire to be placed in the attic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Welcome to our world, there is no standard place for it. Root around firstly by the attic entrance and good luck from there. Are you definite that there is not a cable exposed on the front wall, even a very short one?

Thanks Kub, so it's just down to the whim of the spark on the day :-). Definitely nothing exposed on the wall. I'll have another root around. Cheers.

Advertisement