Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a Solemniser ?

Options
  • 21-04-2014 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi my name is Felipe Tartarotti and I'll get married in Dublin, But will be only a civil marriage,
    and the question is: Do I need a Solemniser ?
    I don't really understand what Solemniser is for, Is it only for religious marriages ?

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi Tartarotti tool a while to type..Congrats to you.. If ye are going civil then you wont need a solemniser one as such will be appointed to you with the civil service. I take that ye are getting married in the registry office is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Solemniser is just the person performing the ceremony. If it's in a church, the priest is the solemniser, if it's in a registry office, then the appointed registrar is the solemniser.
    However, you do need someone qualified/registered to do the wedding ceremony of the legal "I do" bits, etc... as well as sign all your required paperwork so you're legally married. It can't be just your buddy down the road.

Advertisement