Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenses on Medical Card

Options
  • 21-04-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I want to buy myself a nice pair of frames I found on Ebay and obviously would have to get my own proper lenses in them.

I have a pretty good pair of glasses at the moment but I got them early last year or even the year before and well.. ya never know when they'll brake or whatever (I've gotten caught like that before and black electrical taped together glasses is never a cool look) so I wanna have a spare pair.

So I guess my question is how many lenses (without the frames) are you entitled to a year on the medical card?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭heffoo

Belle_13 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I want to buy myself a nice pair of frames I found on Ebay and obviously would have to get my own proper lenses in them.

I have a pretty good pair of glasses at the moment but I got them early last year or even the year before and well.. ya never know when they'll brake or whatever (I've gotten caught like that before and black electrical taped together glasses is never a cool look) so I wanna have a spare pair.

So I guess my question is how many lenses (without the frames) are you entitled to a year on the medical card?

Any ideas?

1 pair of lenses every two years the health board will pay around €32 towards the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭heffoo

Belle_13 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Any ideas?

1 pair of lenses every two years the health board will pay around €32 towards the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

heffoo wrote: »

This is correct but you can also apply with the 'I lost my glasses line' during the two years and they may approve an earlier dispense.

Advertisement