Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single in late 20s

Options
  • 21-04-2014 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi

My boyfriend and I were together for nearly 3 years and broke up last month. When I look back in hindsight there was always something missing from our relationship and I'm doing ok now.

I'm 28 now and I feel that literally I gave him the best of my youth, I put on a stone since we started going out (going to loose it). All my close female friends have long term relationships and now weddings are coming up and I'll be the only single one at the table, the person I used to look at and dread being/ pity.

I'm just worried that I'm passed it, and worried I won't find anyone and will be alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 geddylee

28......that's young,plenty of time yet to find someone, just don't sleep around etc or you'll scare away someone that will really like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Brego888

You've only recently broke up with your boyfriend so are probably still at the grieving stage. Give yourself some time it'll get easie. And don't pressure yourself to get into another relationship any time soon. A bit of time single should do you not harm in the long run. Just keep busy and set a few targets as a distraction like losing the weight you've already mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

You are still only a spring chicken. You'll enjoy the weddings etc..more choice for you if you are the only single one there! Enjoy it. More to life than being in a relationship. More important to look after yourself and get to know yourself again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

closed account??

Advertisement