Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low energy circulating pumps - gas boilers

Options
  • 21-04-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I see some gas boilers (e.g. viessmann) advertise that they use low energy internal pumps.

I also noticed that the EU ErP directive will set a minimum efficiency (EEI) for internal circulating pumps in October 2015 at 0.23.

Do you guys know how to find out the EEI for the pumps in currently sold combi gas boilers? or do you know which boilers use low energy circulating pumps which will meet the 2015 standards?

Slip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

slipstream wrote: »
    I see some gas boilers (e.g. viessmann) advertise that they use low energy internal pumps.

I also noticed that the EU ErP directive will set a minimum efficiency (EEI) for internal circulating pumps in October 2015 at 0.23.

Do you guys know how to find out the EEI for the pumps in currently sold combi gas boilers? or do you know which boilers use low energy circulating pumps which will meet the 2015 standards?

Slip

A low energy pump is not an A rated pump.
    Viessmann will be changing there pumps inside there boilers in 2015 to suite ErP.

I'm sure the other manufacturers will do the same.

Advertisement