Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden tool shed floor

Options
  • 20-04-2014 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Just ordered a new wooden shed, it comes treated on the outside & installed up on blocks, but I was wondering what to do with the floor inside. I'll be storing tools & doing a little wood work in it, so I want something easy to sweep clean & not soak up any spilt oil or petrol from law mowers etc.
    would it be ok to epoxy the floor? Maybe with a little sand through it for grip?
    Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Somebodys old lino

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Somebodys old lino

Yep, lino is perfect, easy clean and prevents moisture coming up through the floor. I used lino remnants on mine. Most shops sell roll ends off cheaply, depending on the size of the shed you may need to join two or more pieces. To get a decent join, overlap the two pieces, and cut through both with a sharp knife along a straight edge. Then just glue it down, easy job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

lgk wrote: »
    Yep, lino is perfect, easy clean and prevents moisture coming up through the floor. I used lino remnants on mine. Most shops sell roll ends off cheaply, depending on the size of the shed you may need to join two or more pieces. To get a decent join, overlap the two pieces, and cut through both with a sharp knife along a straight edge. Then just glue it down, easy job.

I know lino must be glued to a dry floor. Suppliers suggest leaving a concrete floor for about three months to completely dry out.

Advertisement